Monday, August 8, 2011

Bonding and a C-section?

I had a c-section 5 weeks early because of preeclampsia suddenly. My son only weighed 3 pounds 6oz and the epidural didn't work properly. paralized my leggs but not my stomach. so they had to put me to sleep and i woke up in serious pain and they couldnt give me anything for the pain becase my O2 was in the 70's. I had to take deep breaths till i got it above 90 any ways i could not get up for over 24 hr's becase of my leggs being numb the pain and some kind of meds they had me in and i had to have 2 pints of blood. and my baby was in NICU3 with a breathing tube and we didnt see each other in all that time. Its now 5 weeks later and i dont feel bonded to my baby i love him but i dont feel like he is mine. i was wondering if any one else had this problem. I have tried everything like brest feeding kangaroo care. any ideas on how to bond? or will time fix this? becase i love him like i love my brothers daugher is their a diffence in the kind of love? when did you finaly feel like a mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment